Earn 5 points for each recording you listen to and complete and answer the following questions. Write your answers on a piece of paper and snap a pic to send via email or text, or just type your answers in an email. A total of 25 points may be earned this week!
- What is the title of the piece?
- What instruments did you hear in this piece?
- What was the mood of the piece, or how did it make you feel?
- Was the tempo of the piece really fast, kinda fast, kinda slow, really slow?
- Did you like this piece?
Earn an additional 5 points for completing a brief composer biography for any of the composers in this week's listening lab. Be sure to answer the following questions about each composer. A total of 25 points may be earned this week!
1. Which composer did you research?
2. When was the composer born, and if he or she is not still living, what year did they pass away?
3. Where did/does the composer live?
4. What is the composer most famous for composing?
5. What's a fun or interesting fact about this composer?
World Piano Day 2020 YouTube Play List
The 88th day of the year has become known as World Piano Day, which falls on 3/28/2020 this year. Concerts are held around the world to celebrate the amazing and rich array of music created on 88 keys! This year, of course, all live events are cancelled. You can head to https://www.pianoday.org to grab playlists on Spotify or Soundcloud. Betsy also curated a playlist just for her musicians on YouTube:
Weekly Listening List
Week of March 23, 2020
Antonio Vivaldi - Spring 2 - Itzhak Perlman Conducting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKthRw4KjEg
Max Richter - Spring 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pafDNPu06g
Georg Philip Telemann - Viola Concerto in G Major, Mvmt 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hYs4eBPP6U beginning at 0:28-4:02
Bela Bartok - Sash Dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DscctOyPzh8 whole recording is short, but the Sash Dance begins at 1:02-1:30
This is a recording of Bartok playing three of his compositions with the sheet music to follow along!
Nils Frahm - Ambre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmaTLbVAmzI
This is a video of the composer performing his piece. Nils Frahm developed the National Piano Day celebration on the 88th day of the year. This year Piano Day is on March 28th. Visit www.PianoDay.orgto take in the festivities!